My biotech client is expanding and seeks a Director of Oncology Drug Development to advance its cancer therapeutic technologies. The ideal candidate will take on the following tasks:
- Design and manage IND enabling studies.
- Oversee coordination of proof-of-concept and proof-of-efficacy preclinical pharmacology research projects.
- Collaborate with internal scientists and external CROs and CDMOs to prepare study designs and manage the studies from initiation through completion.
- Assist in tracking program progress, interpreting data, and the compiling and reporting of results for internal and external presentations.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- PhD degree and 5+ years drug development experience.
- Advanced knowledge of IND enabling studies and related regulatory processes required for IND.
- Advanced knowledge of preclinical pharmacology including oncology in-vivo models, safety, and efficacy studies.
- Preferred experience with oligonucleotide therapeutics.
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail necessary to maintain project records and collaborations.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.