Fremont, Ohio area
Competitive compensation available, based on previous experience
Would you like to work at a supplier that is investing in new equipment and has business booked for four years?
Would you like to have a good work/life balance and bonus potential?
Do you have at least three years of quality engineering experience at an automotive supplier or OEM?
Do you enjoy being hands on in the quality process?
Don't delay, apply today!
Premier, successful automotive supplier is seeking a Quality Engineer to work within their quality engineering team, report to the Quality Assistant Manager and be assigned to a specific group of customers. The Quality Engineer will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Communicate with key customers and serve as the point of contact for any quality issues
- Utilize formal problem solving techniques to determine root cause of quality issues and create countermeasure plans
- Oversee quality responsibilities related to new model launches
- Assist the manufacturing floor with quality issues and concerns
- Complete PPAP documentation
- Complete customer requested product and process audits
- Construct PFMEA documentation, as well as monitoring and auditing PFMEA and control plans as needed
- Maintain customer documentation
- Establish and improve proactive quality initiatives
- Utilize customer portals to complete quality tasks and communication
- Utilize Six Sigma and/or Lean tools to improve quality systems
- Other quality engineering tasks as assigned
REQUIREMENTS for the Quality Engineer:
1. Minimum of an associates degree; a bachelor's degree is highly preferred
2. At least 3-5 years in a similar automotive manufacturing quality engineering position
3. Automotive supplier and/or OEM experience working as a quality engineer
4. Experience with root cause analysis, formal problem solving and instituting countermeasures
5. Experience with PPAP documentation
6. Experience with FMEAs and control plans
7. Basic understanding of SPC
8. Experience serving as the point of contact for any customer quality issues
9. Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
Skills preferred but NOT required:
1. Quality certifications – CQE, CQT, etc.
2. Lean and/or Six Sigma certifications
3. Experience with Minitab
Why work for this organization:
1. The organization is experiencing growth and has launches scheduled
2. Competitive medical benefits package
3. Good work/life balance
4. The company has a diverse automotive business mix
5. Bonus potential
6. The organization is investing in equipment and robotics
7. Work with cutting edge technology
Candidates are preferred to be local to the Fremont, Ohio area.
QA manager, QA supervisor, QA engineer, quality assurance engineer, quality engineer, quality supervisor, quality manager, quality coordinator, quality technician, 8d, 5p, 5d, automotive, oem, ford, Honda, Toyota, injection molding, plastics, assembly, new program, new model, fmea, pfmea, apqp, quality systems, quality control, RCA, corrective actions, counter measures, mechanical engineer, manufacturing technologies, industrial technologies