Our client is a domestic and international provider of cellular data network capability with offices in Schaumburg.
The Finance Department is a fast paced environment supporting global operations. The ideal candidate should be a proactive self-starter with an ability to solve tough or one off issues.
The Finance team comprises GL accountants, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable over three countries. The position will report to Senior Accounting Manager, General Ledger The position will also work with the Manager of Financial Reporting, Assistant Controller, Corporate Controller, Financial Planning & Analysis team.
Scope of Responsibilities & Position Expectations
- Maintaining books of accounts for US and UK entities in NetSuite.
§ Coordinate and review selected subsidiary entities including input into NetSuite
- Preparing and finalizing accounts of individual legal entities in compliance with the relevant local GAAP.
- Weekly bank reconciliation and cash flow forecast
- Generates accurate, timely and complete monthly financial information, including the Balance Sheet, Income Statement, and Cash Flow Statement, ensuring reported per defined timelines
- Prepare journal entries as part of monthly closing process with focus on cash, accounts payable, accounts receivable and accrued liabilities
- Reconciles Balance Sheet accounts for cash, accounts payable, accounts receivable and accrued liabilities
§ Review of supplier statements and ensure all significant accruals captured;
- Initiate vendor payments for bank wire, ACH
- Initiate transfers among various bank accounts
- Back-up for daily cash reporting
- Assist with monthly internal reporting and monthly bank compliance reporting
- Supports quarterly reporting (SEC reporting) with focus on cash flow statement, selected balance sheet accounts, and footnote disclosures
- Support annual group financial statement preparation and audit
- Support annual statutory statements for UK entity
- Review selected subsidiary entities including input into NetSuite
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and year cash flow statement
- Ensures adherence to Corporate accounting policies and ensures compliance with US GAAP
- Monitor internal control compliance for selected areas with focus on treasury and financial reporting processes
- Works with external auditors
- Ensuring compliance with company global policies including US & UK GAAP requirements
§ Special projects or other ad hoc requests as directed by the senior Finance team.
Knowledge/ Skill Requirement
- Accounting Degree required
- CPA preferred
- 3-7 years mix of public accounting & industry accounting experience, preferably in a manufacturing setting. Multinational Company and/or international experience a plus.
- Knowledge on US GAAP, SEC reporting
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and pro-actively undertake high end analytical work
- Ability to explain complex accounting and financial reporting issues simply
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (NetSuite a plus)
- High attention to detail, works accurately and quickly and has good organizational skills
- Collaborative, results driven team player with the ability to influence others
- Ability to set and meet deadlines including ability to manage multiple tasks to completion at the same time
- Ability to scale with a growing company
- Experience with IFRS and UK GAAP a plus
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills