The Business Development Manager will report to the President and will support activities related to strategic business development. The Business Development Manager will provide key leadership on strategy, business development, alliance management, new product planning/selection, portfolio expansion, and M&A activities.
- Assist in strategic business development initiatives with a focus on in-licensing and/or acquisition of ANDAs and/or 505(b)2 products.
- Source deals prolifically by extensive networking within the industry, attending industry conferences/expos, investor and healthcare advisor conferences.
- Lead evaluation, due diligence, and execution of business development transactions, including, in-licensing, M&A, and divestitures.
- Perform required analyses including, product/market analysis, competitive analysis, and financial modeling, that establish business justification.
- Advance decision-making based on risk/rewards identified and prepare presentations and clearly communicate findings to Senior Leadership.
- Structure and negotiate term sheets and definitive agreement with an eye toward detail.
- Build and manage collaborative relationships across the organization and any post-transaction integration activities as required.
- Minimum 3 years of business development experience in the generic pharmaceutical industry.
- Bachelors required. MBA preferred.
- Strong experience leading commercial assessments and detailed financial valuation modeling of business development transactions including licensing.
- Highly analytical and strategic thinker, demonstrates a sense of appropriateness and excellent business acumen.
- Prolific networker with strong existing business development connections within the generic, branded, and specialty pharmaceutical industry.
- Superior communication skills and an impressive ability to communicate with senior management and business development professionals across the industry.
- Excellent project management skills, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task and follow through on project activities.
- Collaborative, transparent, and able to foster teamwork and deliver quality results under pressure in a dynamic environment within tight time constraints.
- Strong MS Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Willingness to travel to various networking events, conferences, and target/partner sites.