Location: New Milford, CT
This role is with a rapidly expanding company that produces high purity specialty chemicals using state of the art processes with a highly skilled staff of engineers, chemists, and degreed technicians. This person’s primary responsibility will be to act as a senior chemist for the analytical chemist team that supports the production line. This team is responsible for testing incoming, outgoing and in process materials used by the production department. This person will not only be responsible for technical details in the lab, but they will also serve as a mentor to the younger chemists. My client is offering a generous compensation package and relocation assistance.
- B.S. Chemistry and 15+ years analytical experience out of a chemicals, pharmaceutical, or food products
- M.S. Chemistry with 10+ years’ experience would be acceptable
- Good communication skills are a must, preferably previous experience supervising or mentoring younger chemists
- Experience with the ability to use, calibrate, and maintain GC, MS, FID, and DSC
- Ideally have done literature searches, data analysis and DOE