The Corporate Sr. HR Manager will provide strategic and tactical direction for the North American Human Resources department for a global Industrial Manufacturing Engine & Aftermarket Parts company. This opportunity will require you to live near Mobile, Alabama located less than an hour from Pensacola, Florida and Gulf Shores, Alabama.
Reporting directly to the CEO the Sr. HR Manager plans, develops, directs, implements, and oversees all human resources policies and activities such as recruitment, employment, compensation, benefits, training, performance review, employee/labor relations, union contract negotiations for the North American business vertical at North American headquarters for a global industrial manufacturing co that is continuously innovating as a global leader to be the first choice in its industry. The Sr. HR Manager will lead a team of 4+ HR professionals responsible for ensuring legal compliance and the implementation of the organization’s mission and talent strategy.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required preferably in HR Industrial Labor & Employment Relations Organizational Development or Business Administration; Masters HR preferred
- 5+ years leading Corporate & Industrial Manufacturing Human Resource Teams and Payroll activities
- 10 + Years overall HR leadership experience
- Industrial Manufacturing industry experience preferably with multi-site responsibility
- Union Labor Relations experience
- PHR/SPHR and or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP preferred
- A solid track record for performance and progression within HR
- Demonstrated drive and determination to achieve success
- Demonstrated ability to influence executive leadership, management teams and individual contributors
- Professional manner and personal maturity
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Solid quantitative skill set, the ability to analyze, think and communicate with well-supported data
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to ask the right questions, help frame logical conclusions and arrive at effective solutions.
- Collaborates as part of the senior leadership team to understand the organization’s goals and strategy related to talent retention/recruiting and leveraging human capital to obtain business results.
- Oversees the administration of human resource programs including, but not limited to, labor relations and union contract negotiation and interpretation, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, engagement; and training and development.
- Collaborates with management to identify staffing needs; develops and executes best practices for hiring and managing talent.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy practice, and resources to senior leadership.
- Ensures efficient reporting to support production operations, finance and management.
- Develop and implements departmental budget.
- Leads and directs employees through education, training, coaching, mentoring and certification in the execution of improvement priorities and the achievement of key performance indicators.
- Analyze statistical data and reports to identify and determine causes of personnel problems and develop recommendations for improvement of organization's personnel policies and practices.