The Plant Controller will provide financial guidance and assistance to Plant Group and Corporate Management. This professional will develop and maintain procedures for the control of all assets, revenues and expenses of the plant. The Plant Controller will ensure internal procedures & GAAP are followed on a consistent basis and in compliance with company, Audit, and SOX requirements.
- Analyze trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, to predict future revenues and expenses.
- Establish procedures to ensure sound financial control of plant assets.
- Review and upgrade plant accounting activities to ensure all systems are properly developed and maintained to meet the financial reporting timetables.
- Preparation and interpretation of plant financial statements.
- Preparation of interpretive financial analysis of plant operations.
- Analyze and counsel Plant Manager and staff on variances from plant goals and plan.
- Coordinate with the Plant Manager the preparation of the plant’s annual budget and monthly forecasts.
- Evaluate and assist in the preparation of all capital expenditure requests.
- Maintain control procedures to ensure spending is within approved limits.
- Direct the annual physical inventory; evaluate and reconcile the physical inventory results as well as determine the excess and obsolete inventory amounts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Five+ years of controllership leadership experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and direct accounting activities including costing, reporting, forecasting, and budgeting in a manufacturing environment.