Our manufacturing client in Waterloo, IA is looking to hire a Production Supervisor. This Supervisor will lead the production team responsible for CNC machining, welding, fabricating, paint and hydraulic assembly. This Supervisor will plan, direct and coordinate production activities. They will lead and manage employees and collaborate with the cross functional teams.
- This position reports to the Director of Operations.
- Assign and manage department activities and resources to achieve production goals, quality standards, safety requirements and maximize efficiency and productivity levels for the department.
- Manage production and employee schedules to ensure adequate coverage.
- Drive quality and continuous improvement efforts within the department, ensure compliance to ISO standards and documentation requirements.
- Uphold and communicate safety rules and regulations.
- Manage and allocate department equipment and machinery, schedule preventative maintenance checks and handle malfunctions and breakdowns.
- Lead department meetings.
- Develop, motivate and lead staff to accomplish department goals.
- Monitor production activities and overall department efficiency and productivity levels.
- Motivate, coach and mentor employees.
- Bachelors degree in Operations Management, Manufacturing Engineering or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years experience in a manufacturing environment with increasing responsibilities and prior supervisory experience.
- Strong background in Lean Manufacturing, ISO 9001, Six Sigma strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of resource planning, budget development and people management.
- CNC machining, welding, fabrication, paint and hydraulic background highly desired.