The Technical Sales Representative is responsible for sales of our clients Microwave and Raman Spectroscopy product lines in SC, NC, VA, WV, DC, MD, and DE. Candidates will ideally be located in Raleigh, NC or near Rockville, MD, but other major cities in the territory will be considered. The starting base salary for this position is 77,000/y and depends on capital equipment sales experience, with specific industry experience preferred. The commission plan is uncapped, pays monthly from dollar one and accelerates after reaching goal. Monthly car allowance plus mileage reimbursement.
- Generating and developing new accounts and effectively managing existing accounts.
- Presenting to small and large audiences including C-suite executives, scientists, and technicians.
- Qualifying opportunities and developing proposals, and closing business.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 2+ years of experience in capital equipment sales, analytical instruments preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills as well as presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and with a strong commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a natural sciences or engineering, Chemistry preferred.
- Familiarity with Analytical or Synthetic Chemistry, Sample preparation for trace metal analysis (e.g. for ICP-MS, ICP-OES, AA) strongly preferred.
- Availability for frequent overnight travel (up to 75%).
- Valid driver's license and passport.