Position: Energy Storage – Mgr. of Regulatory Affairs Market Strategy / Policy
Location: Los Angeles, CA
European company with Energy Storage solutions is looking to hire an individual who can help them maneuver the government regulations and Utility relationships needed to grow their business in California.
Company is looking for someone with Regulatory Affairs experience in the Energy / Utility market who will develop, advocate and communicate commercial energy storage proposed policies with state and federal stakeholders and organization (such as CCSA and SEIA ).
They will advance the company’s creation of regulatory frameworks that will support commercial and industrial business development in California and across the U.S. Sunbelt markets. In addition, the individual will evaluate changes in regulatory proceedings, utility filings, and wholesale market structures and translate those changes into opportunities for the company.
The Manager of Regulatory Affairs will also collaborate with company’s executives to formulate talking points and incorporate communications strategy into commercial energy storage advocacy initiatives.
Some of the activities this individual will be involved with are; producing written materials (regulatory filings, comments for submission, memos, fact sheets etc.), attending meetings and briefings on behalf of the company, providing summaries and analyses of proceeding, alerting company executives of important issues and deadlines.
- Relevant experience working in the solar / energy storage industry
- Direct prior experience working on renewable energy regulatory affairs and market policy
- Understand the laws and regulations with hands on experience
- Experience drafting regulatory filings. Law or MBA degree preferred
- Ability to navigate complex regulator initiatives
- Must have a strong understanding of the national energy markets, the energy storage industries, DERs.
- Significant experience in business development or policy focused on utility-scale issues in the Western U.S.
- Advanced understanding of transmission interconnection challenges and strategies for de-risking utility-scale projects
- Demonstrated leadership experience in utility-scale solar, energy storage or similar sectors
- Demonstrated policy advocacy experience in vertically integrated states or regional wholesale electricity markets
- Superior writing, presentation and analytical skills
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Passion for accelerating the adoption of renewable energy
So. California is the ideal location. Individuals with relevant experience in other geographies will be considered.