$90-115K plus 5% bonus
Our Oxford, MS manufacturing client is looking to hire an Environmental, Health, Safety Manager to their team. As the EHS Manager you will assist the leadership team in developing and facilitating implementation of safety and ergonomics risk assessment and mitigation processes. You will collaborate with leadership and employee groups to identify and implement best practices and achieve short and long-term safety and productivity goals. You will provide technical expertise in the areas of injury avoidance and the assessment and mitigation of safety and ergonomic risks. You will sustain and exceed compliance with federal, state and location regulations.
- Be a leader for risk assessment, process improvement, training and program implementation.
- Facilitate a continuous improvement culture by coaching, encouraging and reinforcing management and non-management employees.
- Work with Leadership to create a value-based safety and ergonomic strategy and implementation of these strategies.
- Lead safety and ergonomic committees and project teams.
- Develop safety and ergonomic process controls.
- Plan, conduct, document and track implementation of safety audits and corrective actions.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10+ years related experience in a fast-paced, labor intensive manufacturing environment.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or equivalent certification preferred.
- Trusted advisor and technical experience on safety and ergonomic related matters.
- Proven success in developing, influencing management and implementing a value-based safety culture.
- Supervisor coaching, planning, project management, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects/assignments with varying priorities.
- Experience in applying risk assessment tools to identify and mitigate safety and ergonomic risks.
- Expert level knowledge of safety and health regulations.
- Proven ability and experience with problem solving tools such as: A3, Apollo Root Cause Analysis, FMEA, NIOSH Lift Equation, Humantech BRIEF.