Our client is looking for a Director of Accounting in their metro
Boston location. This is an innovative business that has grown from 200
people to 700 in the last five years.
Responsibilities will include:
- Oversight and management of the general accounting function, which includes all aspects of financial reporting
- Oversee and ensure efficient and timely month-end, quarterly, and year-end close process
- Perform technical research as required in complex areas such as ASC 606, Revenue, ASC 718, Stock-Based Compensation, ASC 350, Intangibles-Goodwill and Other and ASC 830, Foreign Currency Matters
- Serve as the primary contact for 3rd party service providers, including independent auditors, tax professionals, and compliance partners in domestic and international jurisdictions.
- Maintain and monitor official accounting policies and procedures to ensure compliance with GAAP. Update and communicate company-wide policies as needed.
- Oversight of inter-company accounting, including compliance with transfer pricing agreements that support compliance with jurisdictional tax requirements
- Oversee VAT registrations and manage VAT on a global basis to ensure recovery of payments that qualify to be reclaimed.
- Partner with Finance, HR, and other operational groups across the organization to collect and share data to assist in presenting complete and accurate financial records
- Develop and coach team members
- Oversee documentation of department processes and implement technology as needed to gain process efficiencies.
- CPA required
- Experience overseeing the general ledger and accounting operations on a day-to-day basis
- Experience managing foreign operations and remote teams
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls, and financial reporting required
- Experience with NetSuite, Solium, and Concur a plus
- Experience in the Technology & Software industry, SaaS preferred
- Experience with a Big 4 Firm is a plus