Work hours can be eight hour days for five days per week or ten hour days for four days per week. Overtime is also a possibility and there is a shift premium for second shift. Work is interesting and challenging as no two products are alike and the job is not just pushing buttons. Products produced can be very large.
The successful candidate's duties and responsibilities will encompass the following:
- Reading blueprints
- Selecting appropriate grinding wheels
- Balancing appropriate grinding wheel as needed
- Setting up the cylindrical grinder
- Working with GibbsCAM or MAZATROL (MAZAK)
- Grinding metal parts with a cylindrical grinder in a production environment per specifications
- Polishing and deburring
- Inspecting first manufactured part
- Documenting issues
- Utilizing cranes, torches and hydraulic presses
- Maintaining a clean, safe and organized workspace
Candidates will have a minimum background consisting of two or more years of cylindrical grinder operating experience.