Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that standards and procedures are followed during design and implementation of our desktop and laptop platforms.
- Responsible for monitoring the systems to ensure the highest level of application performance as it relates to the desktop environments.
- Will assist in network application planning, hardware resource availability and the development and or integration of new applications.
- Manages a helpdesk staff in day-to-day problem resolution and request fulfillment.
- Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets.
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for desktop and application needs.
- Establish service level agreements with end users.
- Work with other IT managers to properly escalate and resolve trouble tickets.
- Provides "ownership" of problem through final resolution.
- Plan, acquire, and coordinate installation of in-house and remote client hardware and software across the organization's network and physical locations.
- Negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to recommend appropriate products and services.
- Work with internal customers and the entire IT team to administer desktop equipment, hardware, and software upgrades. This includes peripherals, printers, scanners, etc.
- Work with Infrastructure team to administration of user accounts, permissions, and access rights in AD.
- Conduct performance reviews and corrective action in conjunction with IT Director.
- Provide guidance to junior members of the team.
We are looking for a Desktop Software Quality manager who will be responsible for the company's desktop and laptop selection, imaging, deployment, application integration, and on-going support. This manager is responsible for the helpdesk ticketing system and will oversee a small team of helpdesk technicians. The candidate will develop Windows images in a desktop/laptop environment to integrate corporate software and deliver it seamlessly to employees both locally and remotely. Manage, maintain, troubleshoot and support desktop Operating Systems in conjunction with application setup, delivery, and maintenance. Work with team members to resolve issues and implement best practice solutions. Manage trouble and request tickets to established SLA's.
- Demonstrated leadership and personnel management skills.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- The ability to generate and manage to an IT budget
- Experience with enterprise-wide LANs, WANs, WLANs, VPNs, etc.
- Exceptional knowledge of service and application delivery, as well as successful service level agreement accomplishments.
- Excellent knowledge of current protocols and standards, including Active Directory, Group Policies, MS Exchange, Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, Microsoft operating systems and Office applications.
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting hardware such as desktop, laptop, modems, network interface cards, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of system flow charts, data processing concepts, and telecommunications principles.
- Ability to perform general mathematical calculations for the purpose of creating needs assessments, budgets, and forecasting.
- Able to conduct research into technical issues and products as required.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Experience working on MAC's is preferred
- Communicate effectively with other departments within the organization and function within a team environment.
- Regular attendance is required
- Perform other duties assigned as may be required in meeting company objectives
Three to five years of relevant work/management experience including successful supervisory leadership of an infrastructure team.
Education and Experience:
A Bachelor's Degree is required in the field of computer science or another related technical field. Preferred master's degree in management information systems or a similar IT related discipline, or an MBA with certificates that prove advanced IT training, such as computer engineering, programming, networking, or database management.
- Daily supervision of a technical team of 3-7 individuals
- Monitoring the tasks assigned to the team keeping to defined timelines
- Providing performance feedback both verbally in written