Human Resources Supervisor Summary:
The Human Resources Supervisor position is responsible for the day-to-day support of the Human Resources Department. This position will effectively resolve matters relating to Employee Relations and assist the HR Manager in various capacities. The position is also responsible for providing support, and training throughout the organization as required.
Human Resources Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Responsible for recruiting, screening and interviewing potential employees.
- Ensure that potential employees are properly investigated and tested.
- Responsible for conducting training programs.
- Conduct employee meetings and arrange for enrollment of employees during the open enrollment period.
- Maintain an active salary and hourly position classification program.
- Coordinate an annual maintenance review of job descriptions, ensuring that each position has a current job description.
- Ensure that new employees receive proper orientation.
- Assist Human Resources Manager in developing and preparing the Human Resources budget to be submitted for approval.
- Ensure that employees are aware of Human Resources policies and benefits programs on a continuing basis.
- Recommends program changes or enhancements to meet human resource requirements.
- Assists with coordinating the delivery of effective affirmative action, and other employee relations programs.
- Assists with the preparation of separation notices for employee separating with cause and may conduct exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Prepares reports and recommends procedures to reduce absenteeism and turnover.
- May support and assist in collective bargaining negotiations.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Must have union plant experience
- Demonstrates integrity, especially when dealing with highly confidential information.