Responsible and accountable for the management of staff and services related to Case Management. Accountable for the effective and efficient management of continuum of care services. Provides education and leadership in directing a comprehensive Clinical Case Management program that coordinates efforts toward a seamless Continuum of Care. Assists leadership to ensure the stability and reputation of the hospital by ensuring compliance with all legal, licensure, and accreditation requirements as designate by JCAHO and other accreditation agencies. Acts as a liaison to the Central Business Office to ensure that all Accounts and Revenue activity is being handled timely and appropriately. Maintains 24-hour accountability.
Shifts: Full-time • Days (rotating weekends)
This hospital is located in the south metro Denver area where it has been a proud member of the community for more than 110 years. An acute care hospital with 408 licensed beds, it cares for more than 200,000 patients annually with a team of approximately 2,000 dedicated employees, 300 volunteers and 1,400 physicians.
With stroke door to treatment times averaging just 20 minutes, it serves as the Rocky Mountain Region’s referral center for the most advanced stroke treatment, and was the state’s first Joint Commission certified Comprehensive Stroke Center. The region’s neurotrauma and orthopedic trauma provider and is the area’s only level I trauma facility with a dedicated burn and reconstructive center. Over 150 facilities regularly transfer highly complex cases to Swedish.
It offers patients the highest quality care and the most advanced technologies and treatments in nearly every medical specialty including adult and pediatric emergency, heart care, neurology/neurosurgery, pregnancy and childbirth, orthopedics and joint replacement, cancer care, gastroenterology and liver care, gynecology and urology.
BSN - REQUIRED
- Colorado State RN license or compact license is accepted
- Current BLS/ACLS/PALS issued by the American Heart Association required
- UM/CM certification preferred
Minimum of 5 years recent clinical or Case Management experience required
Previous management experience REQUIRED
MUST have current acute care experience
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of Case Management in the Acute Care setting.
- Comprehension of the importance of clinical care progression, patient education and resource management required.
- Knowledge of Utilization Review, IS/SI criteria, reimbursement issues, and HCFA guidelines.
- Ability to recognize the needs and concerns of people and to maintain constructive relationships in dealing with them.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Participates in counseling and guidance of personnel.
- Acts as a mediator between patient concerns and administration.
- Ability to assume twenty-four hour responsibility for the Department of Case Management.
- Ability to assume leadership role with the Case Management Team to coordinate the delivery of services for patients and their families.
- Recognized personal responsibility in striving for innovative health care delivery which meets contemporary needs and assumes leadership in negotiating for changes in health care
WHY CHOOSE TO JOIN THIS TEAM?
- Level I Trauma Center
- Three Emergency Rooms
- 412 Beds
- Multidisciplinary collaborative approach to learning in the OR
- 23 state-of-the-art operating rooms
- Center of Excellence for Neurosciences & Regional Neurotrauma Referral Center
- Support provided for OR Nurses to attend annual AORN Conference & Expo
- Close relationship with nearby Craig Rehabilitation Hospital (National top 10 rehab hospital)
- Radio Frequency Identification for patient tracking (RFID)
- OR Tracker
- UDI tissue tracker interface/integration with Meditech
OUR SURGICAL SERVICE LINES:
- Trauma Surgery
- Neurosurgery including awake Deep Brain Stimulation
- General/Colon & Rectal Surgery
- Foregut/Esophageal Surgery
- Robotics (daVinci Xi robots, Mazor, Mako)
- Regional leader in Cochlear implants
- Advanced ENT
- Facial Trauma/Maxillofacial
- GYN/Oncology 5 star health grades
- Organ procurement/tissue donation
- Fully integrated, Swedish Orthopedic Center with 6 ORs
- MAKO robot for total knees
- Burn & Reconstructive Center