Our senior Electrical Engineer will be a key member of our hardware team and must be experiences in designing of Electronic circuits from start to finish, designing Amplifiers, Switching Power supply circuits, Transistor level circuits, Testing and Optimization of these circuits at the Board level and Product level.
The ultimate candidate will display the ability to create and build a paper design and take it through to production. Practical knowledge of Electrical Engineering designs backed by solid theoretical knowledge is important. Expertise in Circuit design, Switching Power supplies domains and familiarity of technologies such as Wi-Fi, BT, WAN, GPS are also desired. This role also requires a high level of creativity and innovation along with contribution to patent disclosures to add to our extensive patent portfolio.
• Design of Electronic circuits for various products from start to finish
• Design of Amplifiers, Switching Power supply circuits, Transistor level circuits
• Hands on testing and optimization of these circuits at board level and product level to ensure product requirements are fulfilled
• Involvement in architecture and platform development
• Simulation at board and system level using various tools to balance trade-offs and ensure a solid product design
• Paper design of circuits and capture in CAD tools. Provide layout guidance to PCB designer
• Creation of detailed documentation including design, test procedures and test results.
• Detailed analysis of potential design approaches related to cost and performance.
• Regulatory test, debug and standards support
• Bench prototyping of test circuits and soldering and rework as required for testing circuit boards
• Manufacturing and cross-functional team interaction and support for project completion
• May coordinate the activities of other personnel
• Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise. Interacts with management and senior customer personnel on matters requiring coordination across organizational lines. Represent the organization as the principal customer contact and often performs project leadership
The position will be based in Long Island, NY with occasional travel to national and international locations.
Come and grow with a company who recognizes talented engineers and who builds consumer and high tech RF electronic products which are changing the world and products being developed which you can see being used every time you visit a retain store, grocery chain or even by every Amazon driver.
Look forward to a long term career, good pay and above spectatular benefits.
Life on Long Island, NY cant be beat !
A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering is required coupled with 4+ years of work experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Strong team player and communicator
• Specialist in Electrical and analog circuit design, test and optimization
• Experienced with the design of transistor level circuits and Op-Amp circuits
• Experienced in fault analysis and resolution at system and board level
• Expert in the use of test equipment, such as spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, signal generators, phase noise test sets, RSAs, Oscilloscopes etc.
• Hands-on working knowledge of soldering of surface mount components and rework of boards containing surface mount components is needed
• Familiar with Ethernet and PoE circuits
• Working knowledge of PCB design from capture to layout. Cadence knowledge is a plus.
• Familiar with HDI and high-speed board design
• Working knowledge of ETSI/FCC and EMC/EMI testing
• Working knowledge in Wi-Fi and BT is a plus
• Strong insight into embedded system design is a plus
• Knowledge of antenna design is a plus
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and 5+ years’ experience
• Master’s degree preferred and 4+ years’ experience
• Electronic circuit design
• Power supply design
• Hands on testing and integration