- Work with production to ensure all goals are being met in regard to machine efficiencies related to packaging.
Will work with the New Product Development team to implement new products through design and process developments in a SQF (Foods) environment. The Packaging Engineer’s role also includes working with our Operations teams to reduce process variability and improve production efficiencies.
- Apply safety standards in the design of processes and manufacturing equipment.
- Work independently or as part of a team; may also serve as Project Lead for large automation projects.
- Lead all phases of an automation project, from early development through completion; may also be responsible for project management and training exercises, as needed.
- Demonstrate solid rapport with clients, peers, and supervisors.
- Contribute to the enhancement of overall equipment effectiveness.
- Develop vendor sources and work with them to continuously improve their costs and services
- Meet cost and timing objectives on all programs and projects.
- Train manufacturing on the use and maintenance of new equipment and processes.
- Assist in the debugging of new equipment and troubleshoot problems with existing equipment.
- Complete necessary documentation for process acceptance.
- Determines and proceed with the best design and implementation solutions compatible with safety, quality, and both process and equipment constraints
- Work both independently and in team-based project environments.
- Design, implement, and support PLC, HMI, and software for control systems and equipment.
- Observe, document, analyze, and continuously improve manufacturing operations.
- Interact with operators to optimize process and improve workstation environment.
- Understand manufacturing processes and process instrumentation.
- Assist in Designing, implementing, and supporting of electrical hardware systems
This is really a combination of process and packaging related to high speed food packging. Any robotics would be a plus. Global company.
Requirements: Must be a degreed engineer, with packaging engineering being the obvious best fit. Should have a minimum of 4-7 years of packaging engineering experience out of a foods / pharms company. Should have packaging machinery design, project management skills and familiarity with high speed food or pharms packaging.