TITLE: ELECTRICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
AREA: Western Kansas City
SALARY: $ open
Our client, a 125-year-old manufacturer of agricultural equipment, has asked us to source, screen and qualify candidates for this responsible position of Electrical Engineer.
This individual will be a key engineer that will work heavily in the computerized technology of agricultural equipment design and manufacturing arena. This is a relatively small company with about 75 or so employees, but they are ready for “big company” ideas, processes, and procedures while they retain their friendly, family type environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate and develop electrical and electronic system specifications, products, components and applications by designing and conducting research programs, applying knowledge of electrical materials and products.
- Actively participate in activities necessary to generate and maintain product designs in the area of precision agricultural spray technology.
- Participate in engineering design through all phases of the process including development, project management, prototype, pre-production, qualification, and product design maintenance.
- Conduct research and study results, both in lab and in field.
- Interface closely with production and purchasing personnel to identify, approve suppliers, conduct design and drawing reviews, and deviation requests and provide support and information as required.
- Participate in and support research of current product performance shortcomings with respect to function, reliability, and usability.
- Use appropriate engineering techniques, processes and technology to produce cost effective designs considering applicable safety and environmental regulations and standards.
- Travel to distributor and customer sites, supplier facilities and field test locations to participate in the product evaluation process and to resolve problems, investigate functional issues, explore design alternatives, and provide manufacturing support. Out of country travel may be required.
- Participate in software, policy and procedure training as required to maintain/increase technical proficiency and stay up to date.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in engineering with an emphasis in Electrical, Software or Computer discipline.
- Preferred experience with the development of precision agriculture application (liquid systems)
- Experience with MS Office products
- Demonstrated understanding of the application, use and service of precision agriculture equipment.
- Quantifiable experience with embedded systems.
- Experience in writing code using C or C++
- Proficiency with numerical analysis software (MATLAB, Maple, Mathmatica, etc.)
- Must be available to travel to field test sites possibly worldwide, as required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with good interpersonal skills and the ability to work both in a team environment and independently.
If you have an interest in pursuing this position, send your resume as an attachment in MS Word format or PDF to receive immediate consideration.
This is an opportunity to significantly impact the organization and bring fresh ideas to an already successful company.