We are looking for a team-oriented, highly motivated, and experienced Controls Engineer in the Greenville, SC area. This company offers full-service Electrical & Controls System Engineering Consulting services in the U.S. and abroad. The company is employee-owned and offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
- BS in Electrical, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering with Controls, Process or Manufacturing Emphasis, from an ABET Accredited Institution.
- Minimum 6 years experience as a controls/automation engineer.
- Biotech and/or Pharmaceutical experience
- Experience with S88 Batch Standard
- Knowledge of software tools for programming PLCs & configuring HMIs.
- Able to perform advanced electrical calculations.
- Has developed PLC, HMI interface, system communications, elementary diagrams, control panel layouts, and instrument specifications.
- Experience with process automation systems is highly preferred.
- PE registration or ability to obtain is highly preferred.
- DCS configuration experience is desired
- Siemens PCS7 is desired.
Optional Skills Applicable to the Role
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as well as verbal and written communications.
- Ability to work collaboratively with individuals at all levels in the organization in a team environment.
- Knowledge of relevant technical software.
- Knowledge of MS Office software products: Word/Excel/Outlook.
- Exercise lead role when assigned to larger multi-discipline projects and project manager role for controls and instrumentation only projects.
- Design major component(s) of a project requiring a thorough knowledge of control design and related fields.
- Prepare installation documents, technical specifications, project work descriptions, bid documents, and reports.
- Perform advanced electrical calculations and circuit/system analysis.
- Make design decisions within corporate established guidelines, procedures, and practices. Apply sound basic controls & instrumentation design methods to develop the detailed design.
- Develop, HMI interface, system communications, elementary diagrams, control panel layouts, and instrument specifications.
- Travel to client project sites, as needed, to gather information before engineering begins, for plant reviews, contractor pre-bid job walks, construction kick-off meetings, construction observation, system checkout, and start-up, and project closeout.