As a Field Service Engineer, you will provide programming services for control systems primarily in the water and wastewater industry in a local region. This includes HMI, and SCADA along with any instrumentation services that are needed. This is a challenging position that requires multi-tasking, a leadership attitude, and great people skills!
- BS or AS in Engineering or related degree (equivalent experience considered in lieu of degree)
- Must have an understanding of control systems and components.
- Strong programming skills. Experience with Allen-Bradley RSLogix 500 and 5000, Modicon, Siemens S7, GE PAC systems, or the like. Allen Bradley is preferred.
- HMI programming experience such as Wonderware, FactoryTalk View, Cimplicity, Intellution or the like.
- Experience with Windows based control software and SCADA software packages, motor control, VFDs, and process instrumentation is also desired for this position.
- Communication networking experience including fiber optic, radio telemetry, broadband, and other associated technologies is desired.
- Experience with project management, covering initial concept/proposal, design, implementation, testing, start-up, and closeout is desired.
- Experience conducting full functional factory acceptance testing is desired.
- Successful candidates will possess good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact professionally with all levels of co-workers, management, contractors, and end users.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks, have excellent attention to detail, and be willing and able to learn new technologies quickly.
- Travel up to 80%, mostly within four-hour drive of Rockford, IL