Our client is reimagining the modern farm, utilizing robotics and AI to grow fresh, consistent, and responsibly farmed produce for everyone. Their experienced team of growers, plant scientists, engineers, and innovators are passionate about deeply understanding and developing this new wave of technology to feed an ever-growing population.
They are looking for a Lead Engineering Technician who will be responsible for the build and commissioning of automated growing systems hardware, as well as the implementation of it in their facilities. This role reports directly to the Director of Hardware Engineering and will oversee a small team of technicians.
What You'll Do:
- Lead and coordinate the daily work of technicians to meet hardware and operations team goals.
- Assemble, test, and maintain. complex fluid handling, robotic, and automation systems
- Work with engineering teams to produce prototypes and test systems.
- Setup and perform system testing, along with data collection and analysis.
- Troubleshoot various electro-mechanical systems and provide corrective actions.
- Work closely with the engineering and manufacturing teams to produce accurate build and manufacturing documentation (detail drawings, SOP’s, build processes, maintenance procedures, etc.)
- Maintain clean, organized, and professional production and prototyping environments.
What You'll Bring:
- 2+ years of management/supervision experience with direct responsibility of direct reports
- 6+ years of experience building and maintaining intricate electro-mechanical systems.
- A minimum of a 2-year degree in Electrical/Electronic Technology, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or other relevant disciplines or very strong work experience.
- Strong hands-on skills and a commitment to high quality and craftsmanship
- Able to interpret one-line diagrams, P&ID’s, blueprints, and schematics.
- Strong fabrication and prototyping skills with all manner of materials
- High level of mechanical aptitude and experience with precision assembly
- Experience in the integration of wiring harnesses to match engineering schematics.
- Strong soldering and electronics assembly skills
- Diverse workshop experience with all manner of conventional power tools (saws, drills, sanders, grinders, etc.)
- Hands-on experience designing and building assembly tooling and test fixtures.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Proven ability to perform a variety of tasks to tight deadlines.
- Electro-mechanical component integration and assembly experience
- CNC Machining experience
- TIG welding experience
Why work for this company:
- You will be a part of a team founded on transparency, creativity, and impact on their mission to feed people.
- Competitive compensation and meaningful equity package
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- They are a mission-driven and well-funded startup headquartered in San Carlos, CA with their primary production greenhouse facility located in Gilroy, CA.