Our client is a very successful manufacturer of adhesives Their R&D organization needs a Project Manager who will be responsible for leading cross-functional teams at multiple locations to bring new and innovative products from idea to deployment.
The Project Manager will apply project management best practice knowledge, tools, methodologies and techniques to meet or surpass the needs and expectations of all stakeholders.
The Project Manager will handle multiple NPD projects thru all phases of the Innovation Framework. Collaborate with functional leads to plan and execute NPD projects, defining requirements, developing schedules, resource planning, product and project cost control, business case, risk management, develop the product needs specification, risk analysis, technical feasibility and other requirements.
The Project Manager will facilitate project team meetings, track project progress identifying critical path, tasks and communicate project status regularly and as required.
- Drive enterprise strategy, continuous improvement using “80/20” tools thru Innovation Process.
- Support and drive meaningful metrics that measure progress thru the Innovation Pipeline: Vitality Index, Project Phase Cycle times, Product life Cycle Cost, Idea tracking & others.
- Develop detailed project and resource plans within the portfolio and track project progress
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, ensure project deliverables meet plan.
- Coordinate within project teams across all functions including Marketing, Sales, HR, Operations, Quality, EHS, Tech Services and other support functions.
- Ensure quality requirement meet the Innovation Framework for the NPD process and Deployment
- Promote, support and adhere to all safety and quality related policies and procedures.
Our client is a leader in the development of methacrylate adhesives for bonding engineered plastics, advanced composites, metals, and other dissimilar substrates that are used in the marine, automotive, truck, bus, recreational vehicle, rail vehicle, architectural, infrastructure, and general manufacturing. They need a pro-active Project Manager to help them improe their new products pipe line.
- BS Chemistry, Engineering, Polymer Science advanced degree preferred
- Research and Development experience in chemical, coating, adhesive or specialty materials
- Project Management experience in a cross functional role managing R&D projects
- PMP Certification required and demonstrated project-planning and project-management skills
- Demonstrated ability to produce results within a collaborative team environment and to gain alignment and develop productive working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to support management for the Innovation Process to meet company’s growth objectives.
- Ability to define problems, gather data, draw conclusions and develop plans to address.
- Strong change management, analytical, problem solving, organizational, communication skills.
- Stage Gate expertise a must to drive projects thru the product development pipeline.
- Track record of driving meaningful time-to-market improvements in Stage Gate process.
- Excellent business analytical, problem-solving, time management and prioritization abilities
- Experience in communicating and working with a remote staff.
- Willing to travel when necessary.