Responsibilities include maintaining equipment inventory and maintenance records on all Radiology equipment. Provides assistance to Radiologists and Radiological Technologists with any operational and technical problems. Assists the Technical Specialist with any QA/QC issues specific to Radiology. Performs the duties of diagnostic physics as outlined and to the specification of the medical physicists.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum qualifications are required unless stated otherwise.)
- Minimum of 5 years repair experience specific to Diagnostic Radiology Imaging Equipment, as well as a working background in specialty areas such as CT, Special Procedures/Cardiac Cath Lab, Ultrasound, MRI, and Nuclear Medicine
- Education and Training:
- Minimum of an Associates Degree in Biomedical Electronics or Electronics Technology from an accredited college or university.
- In addition to formal education and training, must have general and manufacturers specific training from an approved school, such as GE, OEC, RSTI, or DITEC.
- License, Certification & Registration:
CRES - Certified Radiological Equipment Specialist, preferred.
PLEASE LIST EXPERIENCE WITH SPECIFIC LIST OF MANUFACTURER AND MEDICAL IMAGING EQUIPMENT
Additional skills required:
Reasoning Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills - To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing software.
Physical Demands - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Drug and Background Screening and reference checks will be completed on all prospective candidates
- Must have valid US drivers' license, clean driving record, and must pass criminal background and drug screening.
- Must be able to work in the US without Visa sponsorship.