Bay City, MI
Summary of the Technical Program Manager - Emedded Software:
Our client, a developer of advanced automotive drive-by-wire systems, is looking for a Technical Program Manager to play a key role in providing leadership and direction to the program team and the staff of all support groups in setting and achieving program objectives for timing, cost, manufacturability, quality, localization, and customer satisfaction for the development and launch of new automotive products in Michigan. In this position, you will work on leading team activities, including: planning new program launch; creating project schedules with key milestones; defining each functional area's deliverables; communicating plans, schedules, and changes; and generating consensus from the team. If you have good experience in Automotive Program Management along with the knowledge of product development engineering practices in automotive field, then this position is well-suited to you.
Responsibilities of the Technical Program Manager - Embedded Software:
- Perform as the focal point for product development and launch for customer programs
- Lead team activities, including: planning new program launch; creating project schedules with key milestones; defining each functional area's deliverables; communicating plans, schedules, and changes; and generating consensus from the team
- Ensure adherence to project plan and schedule by conducting team meetings, generating follow-up documents, managing open issues, facilitating team member's jobs and soliciting management support in overcoming problems
- Budget, track and control all project costs in real time, ensuring that all chargeable costs are assigned to the customer and obtain management approval for all cost overruns
- Conduct gate reviews
Qualifications of the Technical Program Manager - Embedded Software:
- Bachelors Degree in engineering or related technical field is required
- Advanced degree and/or certification considered a plus (i.e. MBA, Six Sigma, PMP, etc.)
- At least 3 years of experience as a Lead Systems, Project Manager, or Program Manager for automotive embedded software development
Hands-on background as an automotive embedded software engineer, with the skills/ability to work at a project or program management level.
- Comprehensive knowledge of embedded software product development engineering practices in automotive field (ASPICE preferred)
- Understanding of OEM deliverables, with the abiilty to create software development timelines
- General knowledge of project monitoring and control techniques
- Ability to lead and motivate a team
Compensations of the Technical Program Manager - Embedded Software:
Salary Range: $110,000-150,000/year, depending on experience
Travel: Upto 30%. As and when required
Relocation Assistance: Subject to review
Visa Sponsorship: No. Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder.
Knowledge of the following areas will be helpful -Program Manager, lead, leader, product development, planning, launch, schedule, budgeting, MBA, Six Sigma, PMP, automotive