Diesel Mechanic / Heavy Equipment
Salary + OT + Bonus + Shift Diff + Great Benefits
Up to 5K Signing Bonus
Total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days.
2nd Shift (3pm Start)
3rd shift openings (10pm Start)
Performs preventive maintenance services and inspects, diagnoses and repairs heavy trucks and associated equipment. Ideal candidates will have electronic diagnostic and hydraulics experience. Large well-lit garage, uniforms provided. Shift differentials.
Hourly rate from 21-30/hr depending on experience .
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Works under limited supervision and selects from written instructions and established procedures to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services.
- Performs inspection, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Estimates time and material costs on vehicle repairs and requisitions new parts.
- Performs all work within Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Assists senior Mechanics in the completion of project work.
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OSHA Standards, and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS
- electronic diagnostics
Should have at least 2 years heavy truck maintenance experience
Ideal candidate will have a couple of years of heavy truck, heavy equipment, large military vehicles, or farming equipment experience and preferably electronic diagnostics and hydraulics experience.