Love your job!
Our client is a multigenerational growth oriented non-profit multi-state organization with annual revenues of $100MM+ serving the developmentally disabled community.
Great great people to work for, and it's always a pleasure to work for a company that is in a business you're proud to be part of.
Due to their continued growth, they have an immediate need to attract a Senior Accountant to their team in Mesa AZ.
CPA or CPA
candidate preferred. The candidate will provide
organized and detail oriented full cycle accounting support for
Excellent compensation, benefits, and continued career growth opportunity are all part of the deal!
Things the Senior Accountant will do:
- G/L postings, program allocations, prepaid expenses, and accrued liabilities support.
- Cash entries and Bank reconciliations.
- Payroll, retirement plan, and HSA postings and reconciliations.
- Monthly Balance sheet reconciliations and transactional review for revenue and expenses.
- Manage fixed assets including vehicle and computer tracking; produce monthly fixed asset reporting using the FAS Software System.
- Manage entries and documentation for property purchases.
- Maintain Insurance policies and endorsement tracking.
- Monthly close and financial statement preparation assistance.
- Assist with reporting and compliance for payroll tax, property tax, and income tax filings.
- Correspond with banks and other agencies for issue resolution and responses to inquiries in a professional manner.
- Assist with coordination and responses to external auditors and tax firm.
- Assist with maintaining policies & procedure documentation.
- Assist with managing special projects as needed.
- Bachelors in accounting or related field required; CPA or CPA candidate preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in accounting, at both transactional and analysis level.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Experience with multi-company/divisional financial statements and job costing highly desirable.
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills are a must. Strong time management skills with the ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy are needed in order to meet deadlines. Must have strong planning, analytical and problem-solving skills. Must be a team player with a positive attitude and self-motivation.
- Computer skills needed: MS Excel (advanced skills such as Vlookups, pivot tables and macros are preferred), MS Word, Enterprise Accounting Software (MS Dynamics Solomon experience is a plus).
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of the accounting team. Must be able to work effectively with department co-workers as well as with members of other departments. Must be able to interface professionally both inside and outside of the organization.
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance offered. Company paid group term life insurance and employee assistance program.
- 401k retirement plan with employer match.
- Generous paid time off benefits (vacation, holiday and sick). Two weeks of vacation earned in year one, increasing one week each year until reaching a maximum of five weeks in year four. Fourteen paid holidays per year including your birthday.
- Typically two accounting department outings per year.