Our client is a large successful manufacturing company with a long history of growth and is a world leader within their industry.
This position is a key member of the finance team under the guidance and direction of the Director of Corporate Accounting is responsible for providing company-wide oversight on internal financial policies and GAAP technical accounting matters including updating and standardizing financial policies, procedures, researching technical accounting matters, interpreting, implementing new accounting pronouncements, and interfacing with external auditors. Candidate will be actively involved in the communication, maintenance and compliance to accounting policies and practices across the entire organization.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees compliance to accounting policies and practices across the organization; develops, implements, and facilitates sharing amongst corporate and division personnel
- Evaluates and recommends improvements to the efficiency and effectiveness of the company’s accounting policies and practices
- Performs technical accounting research related to acquisitions, revenue recognition, inventory, business combinations, leases and other financial accounting and reporting matters
- Assists with major customer contract review as it relates to revenue recognition application methodology
- Assists with external audits; he/she may lead numerous audit requirements
- Identifies accounting risks and proposes solutions for management action
- Supports special projects and internal corporate initiatives
- Builds effective cross functional relationships through peer collaboration; works within a team environment that ensures alignment to organization goals, objectives, and values
- Performs in a manner that supports the company’s values of Integrity and teamwork
KEYS TO THIS OPPORTUNITY
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required; Master’s degree desirable
- CPA preferred
- Four years of experience in a public accounting firm (audit); or minimum seven plus years of experience in detailed financial accounting areas in large public or private company, public company preferred
- Knowledge of US GAAP to include current accounting and financial reporting issues
- FASB and Accounting Pronouncements experience.