The Senior Product Manager – Prescription Business Unit, U.S. is responsible for Brand growth and P&L, and supporting the integration of the Rx Portfolio; leading the annual brand planning, delivering excellence in brand strategy and tactical development, effective resource allocation and optimization, agency interaction and project planning, and development of a best-in-class tactics to drive growth and profit for Prescription BU product portfolio within the U.S. market. This position will serve as a member of the Marketing team; collaborating and aligning with Product Managers, Customer Experience, Sales, Market Access, Patient Access, Finance, Medical, and Legal – all core functions within the U.S. RX BU. Leading all phases of the product lifecycle (Product launch to LoE). MUST HAVE PRIOR PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE. this is also not a sales role. This is managing the business.
Achieve financial targets;
− Responsible for achieving net sales and profit objectives established each year during the budget cycle.
− Meet/exceed brand volume targets, gross profit, gross margin, and EBIT. Budget Management and Resource Allocation; accountable for brand operating expenses through the budgeting and financial review process.
Lead all phases of brand strategy and annual planning;
− Under the leadership of the Head of Marketing, and in partnership with the Global Business Unit and cross-functional key stakeholders - develop brand strategy, tactics, and resource allocation. Serve as a key contributor to LRP and MRP for assigned product(s) in the Rx Business Unit.
− Lead the development of annual brand plans and tactical plans for the U.S. market; ensure consistent brand / clinical positioning and alignment of financial objectives for all assets. Agency Management; provide oversight to agency identification, SOWs, budget allocation, and spend phasing. Ensure alignment with brand strategies and deliverable expectations are met/exceeded.
Lead cross-functional collaboration;
− Responsible for working cross-functionally with Sales, Market Access, Managed Markets, Finance, Legal and Compliance, Business Analytics, and Commercial Excellence to effectively deliver on product positioning.
− Ensure product value proposition is integrated into the overall product portfolio positioning – strengthening company's presence in market with current and future customers.
Lead best in class brand strategies and tactics;
− Collaborate with business unit, Customer Experience, Analytics, and Sales to design and develop best-in-class tactics and resources to support multi-channel customer engagement (in person and remote/digital).
− Ensure optimal brand positioning, core messaging, and pull-through to maximize brand value. Effectively leverage all commercial platforms and offers to accelerate product growth and market share.
− Apply customer insights and market research (quantitative and qualitative) to drive continuous improvement and further inform decision-making.
Lead innovation and market expertise;
− Bring innovation to how brand(s) are positioned to patients based on a comprehensive understanding of our customers, competitors and the market environment. Gathering in-depth knowledge of competitor brands and programs in order to inform market assumptions, drive innovation, and supplant existing products (brand or generic).
− Design new tactics and solutions with a focus on innovation, for patient, Healthcare Professionals, and Consumers.
− Collaborate with medical, business development, and regulatory to inform the optimal path to commercialization for products.
Participate in clinical thought leader engagement;
− Engage in key opinion leader (KOL) influence mapping with the support of Medical Affairs and Professional Relations.
− Ensure identification of all relevant KOLs (HCPs) and cultivate relationships with thought leaders and professional organizations.
− Define plans to identify all relevant KPIs (brand level) and ensure proactive communication on all aspects of franchise performance.
Minimum Education, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Master’s degree in a related field and 5 or more years of product/brand management experience, or bachelor’s degree in a related field and 7 or more years of progressive experience in marketing is required.
- Three (3) or more years commercial biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical experience; experience and proven success in Product/Brand Marketing across various therapeutic areas (prescription, buy-and-bill, specialty) is required
- Expertise in developing strategic and annual brand plans; proven record of accomplishment in delivering brand level and overall portfolio financial objectives; achieving marketing KPIs. Including net sales and profit objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to lead brand and portfolio marketing. Experience in various customer segments and specialties preferred.
- Strong operational skills and financial acumen; demonstrated ability to develop detailed brand plans
- Strong commercial and cross-functional experience required; proven track record of collaboration and coordination with key stake holders
- Product launch and lifecycle management experience; knowledge and experience in launching new products and product life cycle management.
· Exceptional leadership and communication skills; proven ability to work collaboratively in a “start up” environment. Partnering with a wide range of internal and external partners.
· Comprehensive analytical/strategic thinking skills and decision-making; demonstrated ability to utilize data in fact-based decision-making (data to insights, to action). Providing solid business rationale, clear sense of structure, accountability, timelines and urgency.
· Strong presentation skills and the ability to communicate effectively to all constituents, both internal and external. He/she will have the confidence and the ability to work effectively across a global enterprise articulating his/her vision and motivating people throughout the organization.
- Must be proficient in MS Office; especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Travel requirements; ability to travel up to 30% to participate in corporate HQ meetings, engage Thought Leaders in the medical community, connect with key customers, and facilitate national/regional sales meetings, and execute market research and advisory board programs. .
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
The work environment characteristics and physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this job, the employee may or may not be frequently/or occasionally required to:
· Stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
· Climb stairs or ride elevators.
· Lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
· Use close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
· Manipulate keyboard or otherwise access computer, telephone and hand-held devices.
· Be exposed to outside weather conditions while going in and out of office buildings.
· Be exposed to moderate noise level usually in warehouse settings.
· Be exposed to moving equipment, mechanical parts, and/or high places; or moving between air-conditioned and non-air-conditioned environments.
· Travel is estimated at up to 30%