Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Provide technical guidance, maintenance and troubleshooting support for electrical maintenance issues including working with DCS and PLC Systems.
- Troubleshoot medium/high voltage electrical distribution systems, including electrical distribution equipment such as 13kV switchgear, distribution transformers, protective relays, motor control centers, motors, adjustable speed drives, and industrial lighting Isolate issues and recommend solutions. Participate in and/or manage the design and/or modification of medium/high voltage electrical distribution systems.
- Support and administer Instrumentation & Electrical Design and Drafting Standards
- Provide Instrument and Electrical Engineering Project Design and Project Construction support
- Evaluate and provide Instrumentation and Electrical support to training, safety and day-to-day troubleshooting efforts
- Capital project management for Instrument, Analyzer, Communication systems, Security systems, Local PLC systems, Utility Instrument systems (such as Firewater, Deluge, Product/Raw Material Storage etc.)
- Collaborate and support production troubleshooting efforts as needed.
Global specialty chemicals company that will offer excellent benefit plans, compensation and growth.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Instrumentation Engineering.
- Minimum five (5) years chemical plant electrical and instrumentation experience with project engineering design required. (Update: will consider as little as 3 years experience now)
- Strong knowledge of DCS/PLC systems and medium/high voltage electrical distribution systems and engineering (Update: even low to medium voltage ok)
- Familiarity with project management, electronics, logic design and computer programming.
- Knowledge of electrical principals, technologies, codes and standards.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to develop effective relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work in a team environment with people at varying job levels.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-changing environment.