Roles and Responsibilities:
- Plans and organizes the mechanical steps required in the production of safe quality products
- Supervises and/or performs the set-up and adjustments to manufacturing/packaging equipment to ensure assigned machines run at peak efficiency and operations are within the cGMP guidelines and SOPs
- Oversees the maintenance and repair of all mechanical equipment pertaining to production, including but not limited to, filling, packaging and manufacturing equipment, in accordance with cGMP procedures
- Performs general facility maintenance such as plumbing, HVAC and electrical
- Arranges for and manages appropriate third-party contractor support for services associated with the mechanical operations of production equipment and facilities
- Maintains the spare parts inventory
- Adheres to all established Standard Operating Procedures and Safety Policies (i.e., lockout/tagout) and enforces sound safety and housekeeping practices.
- Supervises and/or performs assigned preventive maintenance tasks for production equipment and facilities operations
- Provides training to new employees on the maintenance of equipment, safety of equipment, SOPs and GMPs on an as needed basis
- Coaches, counsels and manages the performance of direct reports
- Regular attendance is required.
- Perform other assigned duties and follow verbal and written instructions issued by supervisor or designee related to meeting company goals and objectives.
- Communicate effectively with your team, supervision and other departments within the organization and function within a team, promoting positive work environment
We are looking Manages the day-to-day mechanical support for manufacturing/packaging operations associated with the production of quality products as well as general facility maintenance. this candidate will supervise and coordinates the work of the maintenance mechanics.
- A working knowledge from a cGMP or pharmaceutical environment, preferably as a mechanic is needed.
- Requires a minimum of 6 years related experience.
- Certified in OSHA programs and practices (ie Forklift Train the Trainer certification, HAZWOPER certification)
- Good interpersonal skills required along with the ability to interact with all staff levels.
Education and Experience:
Requires a high school or trade school degree, or a GED with a minimum of 6 years hands-on mechanical experience. Supervisory experience is preferred