Our client is a highly automated manufacturer of automotive and industrial components. They need a Manufacturing Engineer who will focus on all aspects of automation production. This is not an IT oriented position. This is a very much a “hands on” engineering position. Your priority will be to troubleshoot automation problems that are beyond the skill level of the technicians. To be successful in this role you need to be a self-motivated troubleshooter who can react quickly under pressure, prioritize workload, and manage several tasks concurrently. You will report to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager.
Sorry, no visa sponsorship is available for this position at any time.
What you will be doing:
- You will be responsible for providing technical support for all automated production lines. This will include fixing mechanical, electrical, PLC, robotics (Epson, FANUC), and vision (Cognex, Keyence) issues. You will be on the production floor 80% of the time.
- The key to success in this position is problem solving and utilizing technical knowledge to get to the root cause of a problem rather than simply identifying symptoms. To accomplish this, you will work with manufacturing supervisors, production staff, and automation technicians to troubleshoot manufacturing problems and develop corrective actions to eliminate the return of those problems.
- Maintain the current systems and equipment through analysis, troubleshooting and improvement. Perform the work needed to maximize production and efficiency.
- Implement best manufacturing practices for existing processes, system maintenance, and provide on-site manufacturing engineering support.
What they are looking for:
- Associate's degree in Electrical, Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering
- 3+ years’ engineering experience working in an automated manufacturing environment
- Programming experience with LabVIEW and for PLCs (Allen Bradley, Siemens) is required
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Vision integration experience is strongly desired (Cognex, Keyence)
- HMI programming experience
- Ability to read electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic prints and schematics
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Health savings account
- Life and accident insurance
- Short & long-term disability insurance
- 401K with match
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Discretionary bonus