This company is one of the oldest, most established GCs in the middle-Tn area with a broad range of clientele and project types. Their portfolio reads from public works, retail, restaurant, corporate office, educational to mixed-use multifamily. They are based in the S.Nashville/Brentwood TN area and have one of the best reputations and repeat clientele a company could ask for locally.
They are currently interviewing for a Superintendent and would like to talk to YOU - if you possess some of the attributes listed below.
The Commercial Superintendent will have between 5-15+ years of experience building ground-up/new commercial projects with experience in site work to core/shell through build-out and c/o.
The Superintendent help Plan, develop and manage project schedules, maintain budgets, and site safety activities in partnership with project manager & executive team.
The ideal candidate will also coordinate subcontractors and vendors, subcontractor agreements, supervise construction projects from design through project completion. The majority of projects will revolve around restaurant, retail, commercial office & hospitality type structures with ground-up and build-out / TI construction approach.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Great Communication with client, subs & staff
- Organizational skills to the point of over-detailed mind-set.
- Knowledge of Procore Construction Software strongly desired
- Manages day-to-day subcontractor operations
- Supervises craft employees including: assigning job responsibilities, evaluating productivity and providing recommendations to management
- Reviews shop drawings, manages materials procurement, coordinates deliveries, ensures site accessibility, inspects overall work quality, and maintains a safe and efficient work site
- Proactive, forward thinking, and high level of organization is a must
- Strong work ethic, positive professional attitude
- Provide the highest level of customer service to our clients with an emphasis on communication
- Maintain meticulous documentation standards, reports and receipts delivered to the office daily
- Prepare and negotiate subcontractor agreements and maintain budgets via company assigned technology/devices.
- Select appropriate construction methods and strategies to complete projects on budget and on schedule in coordination with the design team
- Report progress reports, weekly updates, and budget matters to Project Managers and Director of Construction
- Assist in the vetting and hiring of subcontractors
- Comply with legal requirements, building and safety codes, and other regulations
- Establish prompt resolution of problems and conflicts as they occur
Construction Management (or similar) Bachelors degree preferred. Must be proficient at computer skills and the use of scheduling software.
- Microsoft Word and Excel
- Procore Construction Management Software (Experience is a plus)
- Minimum of five-ten (5-10+) years in a commercial construction site-management role (5-10+ years Experience in medical, multifamily or hospitality projects preferred)
- Ability to manage 1-2 projects and jobsites simultaneously while interfacing with inspectors, subcontractors, architects, interior designers, engineers, city officials, and clients
- Proactive management of project schedules and budgets
- Negotiate with subcontractors to receive reasonable budgetary costs (Experience in project estimation is preferred)
- Ability to organize, prioritize and follow-up on multiple priorities simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that project a positive attitude for effective communication with clients, colleagues, subcontractors, vendors, and inspectors
- Ability to positively lead, support, and motivate a team of subcontractors on any given project
- Capable of clearly explaining steps, provide clear direction, and answering questions about construction processes to employees and subcontractors pertaining to specific jobs
- Strong interpersonal skills building relationships with all parties involved in the construction process including internal design team
- Proven time management skills and deadline oriented
- Ability to successfully plan projects, forward thinking, and able to quickly identify potential schedule conflicts and implement solutions in a budget friendly and proactive manor
- Ability to read and interpret technical construction documents in addition to blueprints, finish schedules, submittals, and equipment specs
- This is a management position and does not require working knowledge of hand and power tools