INDUSTRY: DESIGN / CONSULTING
AREA: KANSAS CITY
Our client, a leading product design, development and manufacturer with a strong global influence and reach has commissioned us to help them secure a top Electrical Engineer to supplement their staff of engineers.
Their off shore production facilities are significant but the design and development of products is done in Kansas City. They have major strengths in software development, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering and industrial design.
Description: The Sr. Electrical Engineer is responsible for the electronic/electrical hardware design to meet client’s expectations for development products. This responsibility includes the technical design aspects as well as development and manufacturing documentation, testing and safety aspects of the products being developed in a manner that complies with the Quality System Procedures and Work Instructions.
A Sr Electrical Engineer requires minimal direction and is expected to handle more complex and multiple projects, and demonstrates a leadership role with others
and provides technical leadership to the organization. A Sr Electrical Engineer mentors, trains and assists other members of their group in technically difficult situations.
- Complies with all Quality System procedures and Work instructions.
- Designs electronic hardware, development documentation, and manufacturing documentation. .
- Interact with customers – both in-house and at customer location
- Develop and document design plans and Engineering specifications for the Electrical portion of a product design.
- Develop product and system level test plans for the verification/validation process and test procedures and equipment.
- Identify factors/definition needed to fulfill project duties
- Support new concept work and project cost estimates for new business opportunities, as assigned.
- Evaluates and suggests feasibility on proposed projects, as assigned.
- Demonstrate schedule/task “ownership” for items under their responsibility.
- Experienced with Altium eCAD software
- Digital design experience using a variety of microcontrollers (e.g. PIC Micro) and processors (e.g. iMX6)
- Must have experience designing products for medium scale manufacturing, understanding cost constraints, part availability, part lifecycle management, product support, etc.
- Prefer experience designing circuits using high-speed memory
- Prefer experience with designing display system (e.g. PCAP touch screens, LVDS)
- Prefer experience designing medical devices or other highly regulated products
- Experience with PLM systems, prefer Oracle Agile
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent work-related experience.
Demonstrated ability to perform:
- Advanced working knowledge of principles, concepts, theories and/or practices of Electrical Engineering.
- Advanced problem solving, project management, data analysis and critical thinking skills.
- Sound ability to manage time, make quality decisions, manage and measure work.
- Advanced analytical skills.
- A self-starter and ablity to multitask successfully.
- Advanced leadership skills.
- Strong communications skills will be required with both internal and with offshore engineer.
- Effective in a team environment.
- Current on design methodology and technical development.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Able to obtain a passport as both domestic and international travel may be required.
If you feel you are qualified and have an interest in pursuing this position send your resume in MS Word or PDF format as an attachment for immediate consideration.
This is a rapidly growing company with a strong 40-year history of doing what they do. Because of what they do and how they address the market you will be able to gain an incredible amount of industry experience in a variety of products and specialties without changing firms. Experience is what counts in today’s employment market. This is a great career opportunity!