Manufacturing Manager (job description)
Manufacturing Manager directs and coordinates production activities in the Manufacturing and Materials Departments, manufacturing products in an industrial organization by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate managers and shift coordinators.
- Coordinate production, materials, and maintenance, in accordance with policies, principles, and procedures established by the Operations Manager.
- Manages 6 subordinate Production Managers who supervise Production Shift Coordinators in the Manufacturing Department. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training of Team Members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining Team Members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Coordinate plant projects with Maintenance and Process Engineering.
- Coordinate with Sales Department any customer visits, complaints, or emergencies.
- Strong interface with corporate with reporting responsibilities at monthly operational meetings.
- Be involved in and find solutions for personnel, operational, and mechanical problems.
- Coordinate production activities with all plant departments to obtain optimum production and utilization of Human Resources, machines, and equipment.
- Coordinate and follow up with necessary departments regarding any customer or supplier emergencies.
- Review and analyze production, quality, or maintenance reports to determine causes of nonconformity with product specifications.
- Review production and operating reports to resolve operational, manufacturing, maintenance, and materials problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Investigate internal and external quality issues and prepare proposed corrective action reports.
- Review and report customer quality ratings and propose needed corrective action.
- Manage quality planning in accordance with processes and tooling.
- Administer safety rules and regulations as required.
- Assist in developing ISO 14001 and TS16949 based procedures and instructions.
- Assumes responsibilities for plant operations in the absence of Operations Manager.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or university; and four plus years related experience as a Production Manager or Operations Manager; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications-- Word, Excel; Microsoft Outlook and Oracle ERP.
- Looking for a leader who can coach/mentor a team.
- Motivated, driven individual with passion for the manufacturing industry.
- Prefer automotive industry experience.
- Lean/CI knowledge as well as data driven/metrics focus.