Love your job!
Our client, a manufacturer located in the Winston Salem, North Carolina area, is seeking a Purchasing Manager who will
- Conduct competitive sourcing events and negotiate with Suppliers to minimize costs of materials and capital equipment for the site.
- Develop breadth and quality of supplier base for all procured items while maximizing efficiencies and ensuring optimal utilization of Supplier capabilities. Identify new Suppliers and work with existing Suppliers that will utilize techniques to minimize inventory levels and improve capacity.
- Direct, coach and develop a team for the Plant.
- do more fun and impactful things!
- 5 + years progressive experience in purchasing, materials planning/scheduling, warehouse/logistics capacity in manufacturing (automotive, ferrous or non-ferrous metal, fiber, chemicals, component sub-assembly and other commodity materials).
- Experience with Oracle or similar ERP/MRP II systems
nice to have, but not required:
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt/ APICS certification.
Experience with ISO quality system, Global Sourcing and material flow and Kanban/JIT, GD&T.