Love your job!
Live in an area famed for it's incredibly high quality of life and reasonable cost of living (near the Washington/Oregon border at the east/west center of both states). If you like breathing actual air, this is the place for you.
Excellent salary, benefits, work environment and relocation assistance are all part of the deal!
Our client is in an agricultural related industry, and is seeking a Corporate Controller who will
- lead the financial operations of their business,
- develop and maintain general ledgers and financial statements.
- oversee and be actively involved in the monthly closing process.
- lead the preparation of the financial statements for management and external reporting.
- manage the annual agribusiness audit preparation.
- prepare the annual accrual to cash conversions.
- work with management to prepare the annual budgets.
- supervise a team of employees in support of the agricultural and related operation
- do more fun and impactful things!
- 5+ years experience in accounting or finance.
- Previous supervisory experience required.
- Able to lead, motivate and develop staff; participate in a team environment; delegate responsibility.
- System knowledge should include high proficiency with Excel and other Microsoft Office products. Experience with Great Plains Accounting Software or similar accounting programs preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), accounting processes (Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger), reconciling accounts, and processing book closings.
- Strong analytical skills to analyze complex business processes and identify risk; apply sound, well-balanced reasoning to reach decisions quickly and accurately.
- Strong skills in business writing and editing; strong communication skills (oral and written); communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and external contacts; ability to create and host presentations.
not required, but would be big pluses:
- Ag business experience
dairy, agricultural, agriculture, farm, farming