Our client is an automated machine builder. They specialize in building the highest production, state-of-the-art controlled, fastest setup machines for the leading companies in each of the industries they serve. They are located Northwest of Minneapolis, just 30-minutes for downtown.
They are currently seeking an experienced Electrical Controls Engineer who has high aptitude for logical programming and troubleshooting of complex automation and control systems. The Electrical Controls Engineer will work on a team that is fully involved in overall project scopes from initial concept through product launch. This involves configuration, programming, testing and troubleshooting PLC based control systems, associated components and networks.
- Analyze customer requirements to determine optimal system solutions and define appropriate control configurations.
- Design and program PLCs using Allen-Bradley controllers performing multi-axis, coordinated motion control.
- Design and program Human Machine Interfaces (HMI).
- Develop and review project related drawings and documentation packages such as wiring diagrams and electrical schematics.
- Create methods for testing and measuring sensors, instrumentation software and components.
- Conduct thorough testing and checkout of products ready to be shipped, including validation of control sequence.
- Travel to client locations for onsite programming and commissioning.
- Bachelor or Associate Degree in Electrical Engineering (Technology).
- Experience working with Allen-Bradley PLCs in motion control applications.
- Experience with HMI design and programming.
- Experience working with schematics and machine wiring.
- Ability to solve complex technical problems.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Effective interpersonal skills working within a team environment.
- Ability to travel 25-30%.