In this role, you will champion the development and delivery of their global operations automation strategy, focusing on three leadership pillars: Talent, Technology, and Standards.
Talent: Accelerates growth of and opportunity for talent to meet today’s needs and tomorrow’s visions through hiring the best, aggressive development, and stretch assignments.
Technology: Shepherds a global project portfolio, delivering breakthrough value through opportunity mining, resource leveraging, and disciplined execution.
Standards: Sustains a learning culture, where best solutions are shared and implemented across the network. Partners with operations teams, Advanced Manufacturing and capital delivery to import, and where needed develop and deploy novel solutions that enable a breakthrough in Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
Travel is required and may approach 50%
You will have direct leadership of 2-4 Regional Automation Engineers at dispersed sites, and functional leadership for controls and automation professionals at all manufacturing sites.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring a safe, clean, and environmentally compliant work environment and building a culture where safety is the first priority
- Developing risk assessments for critical tasks
- Grow the service and quality culture in the department and meet/exceed established goals
- Development and execution of Preventive and Predictive Maintenance programs
- Further develop craft training plans and create a continuous learning environment for employees
- Co-Leading and coaching of unionized primary maintenance workforce (crew of approx 36) and driving engagement in the primary workforce
- Actively participate in Total Productive Maintenance deployment
- Improve the reliability of the plant power systems through preventative and predictive maintenance and capital improvements
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Industrial Engineering preferred)
- 6+ years of industrial manufacturing/automation assignments and experience
- Controls and Automation – experience in transforming manufacturing facilities to an increasingly automated manufacturing environment
- Experience commissioning and troubleshooting new electrical installations including preparing electrical construction bid packages.
- Ability to build business cases and explain technical solution concepts to gain upper management alignment
- Ability to communicate technical issues to management and customers in an effective and understandable manner
- Capable of matching new emerging technologies with operational needs
- Evaluates solution options, including leading proof of concepts, to make a recommendation for industrial implementation
- Able to quickly analyze and implement improvements and then gauge their effectiveness
- Ability to deliver projects from a central organization into multiple facilities
- Strong working knowledge of the following manufacturer's process control hardware (Allen Bradley PLC5 and SLC 500, ControlLogix, CompactLogix etc.) for specification of the following
- Expertise in PLC I/O Modules (Point I/O, Flex I/O), PLC I/O buses (Profibus, Fieldbus, DeviceNet, ControlNet. etc.)
- Expertise in Allen Bradley Variable Frequency Drives and Motion Control
- Expertise in SCADA systems (Ignition, RSLinx, etc.)
- Control Reliable Safety Design and Implementation
- Safety Monitoring Relays, PLCs, Category 4 (TUV Certified a Plus)
- Expertise in Sensors and Sensor Software (Level, Pressure, Temperature, Proximity switches, Encoders, pH, vision, position indication, etc.)
- Proficiency in databases, networks, IT, 3D drafting
Why work here?
They offer competitive pay with significant incentive opportunities and other benefits that fit your needs... from great health care coverage to generous PTO. They even provide two weeks paid time off for all new parents (dads and moms)!