Corporate Waterworks Sales Manager
Our client is a Pacific NW wholesaler of water works, hydronic heating, and plumbing products with multiple locations. We have an opening at our Corporate Headquarters for a Corporate Water Works Sales Manager who would manage and lead our company water works business segment. This person will lead the sales team in residential waterworks, coach and mentor staff, build and cultivate relationships with residential contractors and property developers.
This strategic position is based out of our corporate headquarters in Tigard, OR. It is responsible for water works, HDPE/fusion and meter/utility sales and financial results, development and execution of our sales plans as well as our global water works strategy, recruiting team members, training and development curriculum and overseeing regional sales, meter/utility and HDPE/fusion sales managers. Active participation in business development is expected. The position is the key contact for our vendor/manufacturer’s representatives and large customer relationships. Frequent travel throughout the Pacific NW is required.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 7-20 years’ of successful multi-location management in a water works industry and/or wholesale distribution environment.
- Entrepreneurial business management orientation, sales planning, strong team-building skills.
- Proven effectiveness in managing teams.
- Strong probing, communication, investigatory, analytical, problem solving and decision making skills to effectively uncover and resolve complex issues.
- Demonstrated leadership proficiency in sales and vendor management.
- Strong financial management skills, including profit and loss management, customer and revenue growth, loss prevention, and analyzing financial reports.
- Job experience involving extensive customer contact, including building & maintaining customer relationships.
- A proven track record of developing and coaching high performance talent in a high accountability environment.
- Advanced proficiency in the use of Windows software, including Excel, Outlook, Word, and Power Point.
- Ability to work necessary hours, including evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Candidates must have the ability to multitask, prioritize, meet set deadlines, and have strong follow up.
- Effective written and verbal communication across multiple forms of communication tools.
Drug test required prior to employment. Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.