This position will lead all HR functions and initiatives at the facility, and will also be responsible for manufacturing safety programs.
- Recruit, interview, and select employees to fill vacant positions
- Coordinate with employment/temp agencies as needed to fill open production positions.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive impression of the Company and its goals.
- Supervise administration and communication of benefit programs.
- Supervise administrative transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations. Files government personnel reports.
- Oversee budget of local human resources operations.
- Coordinate translation of documents into Spanish, interprets for employees and management when necessary.
- Prepare employee separations notices and related documentation, and conduct exit interviews to determine reasons of separations.
- Determine and initiate procedures to reduce turnover and absenteeism.
- Facilitate employee performance management program.
- Ensure legal compliance with all employment related federal, state and local government laws.
- Investigate accidents and prepares reports for insurance carrier and Pictsweet Risk Management department.
- Comply with mandatory OSHA documentation, including OSHA 300 and 300A.
- Ensure employee, food and plant safety in compliance with local, state and federal safety regulations through training programs and committee oversight.
- Administer Workers' Compensation programs.
- Resolve communications and work related disputes between employees and supervisors.
- Counsel employees and managers to facilitate communications, resolve work related and human relation problems and ensures fair and equitable application of Company policy.
IT IS SUNNY AND 64 DEGREES AS I AM WRITING THIS!!!
10 MILES TO THE BEACH!!!
Not to mention all the usual perks!! Great benefits package! Outdoor activities. Beautiful, desirable area of California, located between LA and San Francisco. Coastline, beautiful Redwood forests, mountains, deserts.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field.
- 5 years of experience leading a Human Resources department.
- Experience managing employee relations and recruiting strategies in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Effective communication ability in English and Spanish.