Our manufacturing client in Buffalo, NY is looking to hire a Maintenance Engineer. This Maintenance Engineer will lead mechanical/electrical engineering support of plant issues that are impacting production over a short period of time. Act as the technical expert responsible for resolving equipment based or repair technique-based issues, which impact the availability and maintainability of the facility. Serve as a subject matter expert in equipment failures and repair techniques during root cause investigations. Perform regular field assessments of equipment.
- Develop Maintenance Procedure Use Policy 1: Perform technical reviews of procedures; 2: Serve as a technical resource during procedure creation and review; 3: Create and review job procedures and checklists and initiate procedure management of chance work process (MOC).
- Serve as a subject matter expert in equipment failures and repair techniques during root cause investigations.
- Deliver maintenance input into project activities and act as maintenance representative for capital projects.
- Develop turnaround scopes and support turnaround activities.
- Collaborate with Subject Matter Experts to develop work scopes and drive solutions.
- Delivers input to the Reliability Top Opportunity List.
- Provide input to Mechanical Integrity Quality Assurance (MIQA) process.
- Perform regular field assessment of equipment/
- BS Engineering disciple is required or Technical degree.
- 2-5 years of manufacturing or related experience is required.
- Understanding of Fluid Mechanics & Pumping Operations
- Reliability Engineering Principles (ex: Statistical analysis, reliability modeling)
- Hands-on experience in Electrical, Industrial and Mechanical aspects of the industry.
- Predictive Preventative Maintenance (PPM) data in Computerized Maintenance Management System maintenance information systems (ex: CMMS, SAP)
- Global Maintenance Work Process (GMWP) and reliability network experience a plus.
- Union experience a plus.