The Human Resources Manager provides both tactical and strategic support and partnership at a high-speed 24/5 food manufacturing plant located in central Wisconsin. The individual partners with the Area HR Manager and team in planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating HR activities. Supports efforts related to positive employee relations and takes a proactive role in shaping the plant environment to encourage continuous improvement and driving world class results in cost, quality, service, people, and environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Employee Relations Responsibilities:
- Strong Leadership and knowledge of Wisconsin Labor Laws including, Meal & Rest Breaks, Time Keeping Standards, Mandatory Trainings and provide guidance to Plant Leaders and teams.
- Leads initiatives to foster positive employee relations, an engaged workforce, a positive culture, and effective communication throughout the plant by working collaboratively with leaders and hourly employees.
- Leads Best Talent Survey Process and ensures robust action plans are created and executed.
- Provides guidance on the application and interpretation of policies and practices and ensures compliance with all applicable laws. · Coaches leaders on how to solve employee relations issues.
- Partners with plant leadership to apply disciplinary actions and improvement plans consistently and fairly.
- Responds to employee complaints by leading investigations, researching issues, managing Connect Call responses, and serves as a contact person with outside agencies.
Labor Relations Responsibilities:
- Ability to represent the Company in collective bargaining, grievance handling, arbitration’s, and other union activities.
- Understands, interprets, provides guidance on, and ensures compliance with the terms of the labor agreement.
Talent Management Responsibilities:
- Partner with Talent Acquisition and supports recruiting strategies to attract and retain top talent for both salaried and hourly positions.
- Manages selection process to include screening, interviewing, assessing candidates, and recommending finalists.
- Ensures recruiting strategies and sources are focused on achieving diversity goals and AAP actions.
- Implements corporate wide programs related to performance management, talent and succession planning, and career development.
- Supports learning and development strategy to include analyzing needs, delivering training, securing corporate training resources, and analyzing results. · Ensures compliance related to required training. Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Provides work direction to two HR administrative positions and provides leadership and guidance on day-to-day work.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Undergraduate degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field.
- Five years’ experience (minimum) in Human Resources with concentration in employee/labor relations and manufacturing required. Experience working in a 24/5 Manufacturing setting.
- Strong leadership, communication skills (in both small and large groups) and ability to influence, lead, and drive change in a complex manufacturing environment required.
- Ability to engage with employees of all levels in a manufacturing facility including “management by walking around.”
- Ability to effectively collaborate with local, regional, and corporate HR teams to achieve plant objectives.
- Experience in a unionized manufacturing environment.
- Ability to travel minimum 10% of the time, some overnight may be required
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA), Human Resources, Labor Relations, or a related field is preferred.
- Human Resources certification (SPHR, PHR) preferred. · Familiarity with ADP/E-Time payroll and Workday (ERP) systems.
- Project management experience applicable to Human Resources, cross-functional initiatives and knowledge of Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement.
- Working knowledge of financial statements/principles/concepts.
- Bold leadership style and outgoing personality to build and sustain relationships at all levels in the organization, and courage to respectfully challenge others to make solid business and people decisions.
Our long-term world-wide client offers a great compensation plan (salary & bonus) plus outstanding relocation policy and promotional opportunities.