Marion, OH area
Do you have at least five years of manufacturing and/or distribution HR generalist experience?
Do you enjoy supporting operations?
Would you like to have future opportunity for advancement with a growing organization?
This position could be for you!
Growing manufacturer is hiring an HR Generalist to join their fast-paced, progressive human resources team. The HR Generalist will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Represent HR in daily manufacturing meetings
- Direct benefits administration, including answering questions and facilitating open enrollment
- Perform exit interviews as needed
- Oversee FMLA and short-term disability
- Assist with special HR projects as needed
- Perform orientation and onboarding for new hires
- Support hourly and salary recruitment efforts, including participating in interviews
- Assist with safety initiatives as needed
- Conduct training and development on all three production shifts, including working off shift when needed
- Complete additional tasks as assigned
Candidates must be able to communicate directly and effectively at all levels, be flexible, support a coaching atmosphere, be results driven and be able to handle conflict resolution. This position requires candidates to be on the manufacturing floor daily and have a presence on all three shifts. Occasionally it will be necessary to support off shifts and work periods of time on the afternoon and night shifts. Individuals should have excellent floor communication skills and be able to effectively communicate at all levels. Medical benefits are available day one of employment. Additional benefits include profit sharing, 401K, paid holidays and vacation.
REQUIREMENTS for the HR Generalist:
1. Bachelor’s Degree
2. At least five years in a similar manufacturing and/or distribution human resources position
3. A diverse human resources generalist background
4. Experience working with HRIS systems
5. A strong employee relations background, including employee consultation, problem resolution, investigation, benefit communication, unemployment issues, etc.
6. Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
Skills preferred but NOT required:
1. HRIS implementations
2. HR-related certifications
3. Experience with labor relations
Candidates are preferred to be local to the Marion, Ohio area. There is not relocation assistance available at this time.
hr generalist, human resources generalist, hr manager, human resources manager, hr leader, human resources leader, hr associate, hiring, recruitment, discipline, handbook, interview packet, payroll, benefits, training, bwc, bureau of worker’s compensation, plant start up, phr, sphr, shrm-cp, shrm-scp