Well-respected Food / Beverage manufacturer brands seeks a hands-on, energetic results-driven Financial Controller who wants an exciting opportunity where you can apply your financial experience into a fulfilling career with a successful international organization!
Your past experience will be valued, your work will make a positive impact, and you will become an integral part of a tight-knit, growth-oriented team.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will mentor and manage 2 direct reports (Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable)
In addition, you will manage and maintain Financial Management including accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, assist with budgets and forecasts, and develop internal control policies and procedures.
Location: Near Tri-Cities, WA (Kennewick, Pasco, Richland area)
Compensation: $80K - $95K + strong benefits + relocation assistance
- Manage and maintain the financial accounting. Research technical accounting issue for compliance and recommend changes.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Realize adequate (timely, reliable and accurate) financial information for statutory, tax and management reporting.
- Collect and interpret external and internal information and developments to determine their potential impact on financial accounting and/or business performance.
- Prepare and assess financial analysis for capital investment proposals.
- Develop financial information associated with the ERP system (SAP) and utilizing the business intelligence tool, in order to have relevant and timely financial information available to take corrective action when required.
- Maintain customer and vendor master data) within the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system per guidelines.
- In the absence of Financial Manager, Financial controller will perform the duties and responsibilities of the Financial Manager.
- Responsible for month-end and year-end close process, account reconciliations, capital expenditure overviews and cash flow forecasting.
- Assist in preparation of the operation plan (3-year budget).
- Analyze the financial details of past, present and expected operations to identify development opportunities and areas where improvements are needed.
- Advise management on actions regarding the purchase, lease, or disposal of capital items.
- Prepare financial statements, business activity reports, financial position forecasts, annual budgets, forecasts or reports
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting or economics required.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in finance/accounting within a manufacturing environment.
- CPA or CMA would be a plus.