Brief Job Overview:
The Purchasing Manager will lead a team of 4-6 Buyers and Planners who will manage new and existing suppliers and support Product Development and Project Management. You will have the freedom to source new vendors and negotiate contracts on behalf of the company. This role works Monday through Thursday, from 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM and 7:00 AM to 11:00 AM on Friday. Position reports to the Director of Procurement.
Specific Job Duties:
- Develop and implement sourcing and supply chain strategies
- Negotiation and execute master purchase agreements
- Understand cost drivers and develop cost models based on material content, order quantities, tooling, and other factors
- Collaborate with manufacturing to successfully achieve their goals
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, or Supply Chain is preferred, but not required
- Minimum of 5 years experience in commodity management and/or project management with an emphasis in supply chain management and purchasing
- High level of ERP experience, preferably SAP, as well as common business software.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and team building skills.
- Professional certification, such as APICS, or working toward obtaining professional certification is desired