The MES (Manufacturing Execution System) Engineer is responsible for the design, implementation and testing of MES projects primarily in the Life Sciences industry. The position is full time and based out of our Bothell, WA headquarters executing projects at existing client locations in the area. We are looking for a talented professional who can assist us in enhancing our customers’ experience with Emerson’s Syncade solution in solving the complex challenges facing our customers in traditional Biopharmaceutical manufacturing, as well as the emerging Cell and Gene Therapy markets. The preferred candidate will have a proven track record in working in biopharmaceutical manufacturing processes and a strong understanding of Batch processing, specifically with S88 and S95 in FDA regulated industries.
Key Job Elements:
- Develop and validate MES solutions using Emerson Syncade within the Life Sciences (biophamaceutical) environments.
- Assist and participate in all aspects of MES project implementation (recipe design, interface development, documentation, testing, etc.).
- Work effectively at different levels with clients and sales teams to assist in definition of business needs and demonstrate our product and services capabilities.
- Develop General Design Specifications (GDS), Detailed Design Specifications (DDS), Functional Requirements Specifications (FRS), and Validation documentation as required.
- Configure manufacturing execution systems, manufacturing intelligence tools, process control systems historians, and interfaces between these systems and enterprise resource planning systems.
- Execute projects in accordance with the Company's quality control processes and quality expectations.
- Other related responsibilities as assigned by the Engineering Manager.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering/Computer Science or minimum 5 years of industry experience in software development, programming, or engineering discipline.
- Minimum 4 years of experience designing or implementing MES applications. Experience with one or more of the following systems a plus – Syncade, Werum PAS-X, Siemens XFP, and Rockwell FactoryTalk.
- Prior experience with process automation systems like DeltaV, ERP interfacing (e.g. SAP or Oracle), and/or process historians such as OSI PI is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written skills to communicate effectively both with clients and internal project teams.
- Actively participate in technical project teams.
- Ability to work independently based on task guidance as provided by others.
- Ability to contribute and support multiple MES projects simultaneously.
- Business acumen in a technical environment.
- Ability to travel within the Pacific Northwest.
This company believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications, and job scope, but not limit the incumbent or the company to only the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.