Our client is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to plan and executes mechanical designs for new and existing tools. The role is responsible for the ideation, design, and development of new products and components from concept to production. This role is also responsible for maintenance and improvements of existing products. Competitive compensation and benefits package offered.
LOCATION: Chattanooga, TN
- Performs complicated and difficult engineering work requiring a high degree of technical competence.
- Generates concepts for innovative products and features based on direction from product managers, market research, customer contacts, distributor contacts, field sales team input, ideation exercises, and experience and knowledge regarding our markets and customers. Will conduct job site visits to help gather VOC.
- Develops 3D CAD models for design concepts, performs calculations and uses FEA and simulation software to verify design integrity and material selections, completes detailed drawings for estimating product cost and building prototypes. Leads the assembly and testing of prototypes to validate designs.
- Utilizes DFSS tools to determine and prioritize the needs of customers and drive those needs into the product design.
- Develops the project plan that identifies all necessary engineering tasks, durations, required resources, and costs to complete the product design from ideation through production. Uses the project plan to accurately track progress to ensure on time completion.
- Presents ideas, concepts, and designs to other engineers, product managers, and upper management for reviews and approvals.
- Works closely with manufacturing and quality engineers during concept development to ensure the design is manufacturable, easy to assembly, and is profitable. Works closely with the manufacturing plant to assist with pilot and production builds. Has responsibility to ensure successful transition from engineering to manufacturing for production.
- Provides sustaining support as required on existing products.
- Performs all duties within the Company Business Conduct Guidelines.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- 2 years engineering experience in new product development
You will be rewarded with an industry-competitive compensation plan and great company benefits.