Locations: Manchester NH, Philadelphia PA, Raleigh NC, Albany NY, Rochester NY, Augusta ME
We are seeking an experienced Protection & Control Engineer to play a lead role in the Power Delivery Group. Our client is an industry leader in the field of electric utility transmission & distribution (T&D) projects.
Must be energetic professional capable of applying intensive and diversified knowledge of protective relays and substation design / automation to broad areas of assignments. Additionally, the candidate will be responsible for interfacing directly with clients as well as acting as a resource and mentor to other engineering staff.
- You will perform all system protection and communication design aspects for high voltage (4kV – 230kV) and EHV (above 230kV) substation projects.
- Work with the Power Delivery Group providing consulting and design for a variety of project types and clients in the utility substation sector.
- Oversee protection and controls as applied to designing high voltage substations. Review the design-based memorandum, detailed engineering scope and guide the assigned discipline engineers to align the engineering deliverables per project requirements.
- Perform P&C system studies/calculations/coordination and generate relay settings to be integrated and configured into IEDs.
- Help coordinate and supervise electrical equipment installation, power system design and studies, protective relay applications and settings, preparation of electrical equipment drawings and specifications and troubleshooting, repairs, and tests.
- Mentoring and providing guidance to developing engineers within the department.
- Assist in preparation of estimates and proposals.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in substation system protection & control design.
- B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering with Power Emphasis (advanced degree preferred)
- Registered Professional Engineer or EIT designation
- Familiarity with micro-processor relays: (SEL, GE, Basler, Beckwith, ABB, Areva, etc.)
- Must have experience in relay settings and coordination
- Proven experience in creating and reviewing engineering drawings including one-lines, three-lines, schematic diagrams, connection diagrams, riser diagrams, cable tray and conduit layout and physical electrical plans, elevations, and details.
- Proficient in use of ASPEN One Liner, ETAP, PowerFactory, CYME Dist, or similar programs.
- Strong familiarity with NERC System Protection Coordination Requirements including NERC PRC-001 and NERC PRC-027.
- Proficiency with Wind and Solar farm SCADA and Network Requirements and associated designs is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; good presence with customers/clients in conveying technical knowledge.
Salary: DOE. Comprehensive benefits. Must be authorized to work in US. FULL-TIME POSITION!