FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER
Liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry Equipment
Philadelphia, PA / Malvern PA
75-120K + Bonus + OT + Full Benefits
As a dedicated onsite Field Service Engineer, you will work at one customer site in a variety of labs supporting a variety of technologies, so having an appetite for continuously learning about new instruments, software and consumables is key. Applying your communication skills, creativity and can-do attitude is essential. The ability to help with solving customer problems and a commitment to deliver the highest-levels of customer service is how you will build customer success.
You will be assigned to a dedicated site and responsible for supporting our customers with on-site installation, implementation, maintenance and repair of company and multi-vendor systems solutions. Our varied product lines include hardware, software and networking products as well as operating systems.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Installs and optimizes hardware/software/network products and configurations at customer sites.
- Diagnoses and resolves product performance problems.
- Performs maintenance and repairs.
- Ensures customer satisfaction by advising customers on preventive maintenance and configurations, which may impact product performance.
- Proactively responds to potential equipment issues to prevent unplanned interruption of customers' business.
- Deliver fully integrated solutions, which may include peripherals, communications, operating systems and applications software.
- Train other field engineers and customers in the solutions
Job Requirement: * Meet approved customer/vendor credentialing requirements necessary to gain site access, unless prohibited by law. These requirements vary by customer/vendor and may include, but are not limited to: post-employment background checks, various forms of drug testing, vaccinations, fingerprinting, proof of valid identification, and/or adherence to customer-specific substance abuse programs. Your consent to participate in customer requested screening is a requirement of this position.
- A Bachelor's, Master's of other university degree ideally within the science field -- e.g. chemistry, analytical chemistry biochemistry, biotechnology or similar; may consider applicants with an equivalent combination of training, education, and direct experience
- 4+ years of experience in a similar position and/or experience as an end-user of analytical equipment
- Experience or expertise with Multivendor LC/LCMS; Waters equipment preferred
- Experience with troubleshooting and problem-solving in a complex customer-facing capacity
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel to various locations on a daily basis and interact with a broad range of clientele
- A valid driver's license is required
This engineering role will be very visible and located primarily at one client at two locations in Pennsylvania. Contenders for this role should ideally be coming from a similar field support role with prior metrology and calibration expertise. In addition, we would prefer a candidate that has multi-vendor experience. Instrumentation would include chromatography and mass spec primarily.
This role does come with overtime eligibility, annual bonus based on employee performance and full benefits.